Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Where do my recipes come from?

I'm posting early, this week. I'll be gone on Friday, and didn't want to skip posting. :)

Where do I get my recipes and ideas? They come from various sources. Often, when I have an idea for something I'd like to try, I do an internet search for recipes. I'll print off several that look likely, take elements from each, and come up with what I think will work for me. Other times, I use resources closer to home.

Cybele Pascal's book, The Allergen-free Baker's Handbook, was an absolute God-send for me, as I began to explore this food world. Other gluten-free cookbooks were not as helpful, as they often relied heavily on eggs, dairy or almond flour- none of which work for me.

I can no longer use Cybele's flour mix, so I've moved further into developing my own recipes, but I often use hers as a springboard. I don't feel right just putting a recipe out there without acknowledging that, back in the beginning, the inspiration was hers.

I also use my mom's recipes, family favorites that I adapt to fit my parameters. It makes me happy to go back to using these much-loved recipes. :)

My current biscuit recipe is based on both Cybele's and my mom's biscuit recipes. I looked to them both for general amounts, then adapted that to fit what works for me.

Someday, when I learn how to organize my posts into categories, the recipe heading will be "Works in Progress," because that's what all of my recipes are. They are in an ongoing state of experimentation and development. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment