Friday, March 16, 2018

What a weird name for a blog!

I can see how this title is not the obvious first choice for a blog about food, but there's a story behind it and it makes me smile.

Often, when I get into a conversation about the limits on my diet, the other person ends up asking, "What can you eat?!" If my husband is standing there, he'll often answer, "Sticks and twigs!" It puts a welcome spin of humor on the conversation. :)

Having a limited food world gets very tedious, so it's nice to have reasons to smile.

I'd had other ideas for a name for this blog, names that were cute and catchy...but they were all taken. Then I thought of using my husband's comeback, and I smiled. That clinched it.

What will this blog be like?...
-I tend to be overly wordy, but I will try to keep my posts short and to-the-point. ;)
-I have energy-related health issues (Adrenal Fatigue), so I will need to do this in a way that doesn't compromise the balance of my well-being. It will be relaxed, and I won't post every day.
-I hope to post one recipe each Friday~ something to try on the weekend.
-There will be posts sometimes on my thoughts and the journey I've been on with my health.
-Maybe we'll talk about books sometimes, or my favorite Bible verses. We'll see. :)

**It won't be perfect. :) As a recovering perfectionist, I still fight the "battle of the mind" over needing things to be faultlessly ideal (which I've never, not once, achieved). What a death trap! If I wait until I can make this blog fit my ultimate vision of all it ought to be, it will never happen! This first post has been sitting, unfinished, for months, while that uptight part of my brain wrung its hands over how to have all of the things just right. What a waste. I've told that part of my brain to have a nice cup of tea and go take a nap. She must be exhausted. ;) I'm just going to do it, and learn as I go.

One of my favorite new quotes (I heard it from the Lazy Genius @ thelazygeniuscollective.com - and she got it from The Nesting Place http://thenester.com/ ) ....

"It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." Isn't that just a breath of fresh air??!!!

My name is Kristie. Welcome to Sticks and Twigs. It won't be perfect, but I think it will be good. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to get to read this! So happy you're doing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) :) I'm pretty excited about it, myself. :)

      Delete